Tuesday 29 April 2014

How I revise...

OH HEY

That's right it's that beloved season of energy drinks and crying highlighter tears.

IT'S REVISION TIME.

Ok I realise right now it seems like the world hates you and you hate yourself for choosing a degree that was so god damn hard buuuuuuuuut it'll be over soon... even though it seems like forever away.

This is how I revise.

1. I shower, get dressed, do my make up, my hair, tidy my room.... hah just kidding I never tidy my room
The first thing I do is do everything apart from revision. It's just a delaying tactic and one I don't advise you copy but I'm sure you all do it!

2. I go somewhere other than my room.
My room is where I sleep and watch tv. It is therefore not the best place to revise as I get distracted SO EASILY. If I go to the library or even a coffee shop it FORCES me to revise as I can't be bothered to go all the way back home and theres nothing else to do but revise.


3. I look at lectures and learning objectives AT THE SAME TIME. I'm basically the queen of multi-tasking... So lectures are always full of stuff you don't need to know (Sorry Dave) or at least things you're not going to be tested on. You'll get through them a lot quicker once you know what you're looking for.

4. REVISION CARDS
REVISION CARDS EVERYWHERE. I currently have a billion but that's how I revise. Teachers and lecturers to tell you it's not about just memorizing... but it kinda is. On your cards have just a few key words and you have to recite the whole theory from them. It works. For me anyway.


5. Treat yourself
Revision sucks and it's boring but it's the perfect excuse to eat so much bad food. Start the session with your favourite chocolate bar or coffee or whatever. IT HELPS. a teeny tiny bit but it still helps.


I actually made this when I should be revising *sigh*
Blog love from a fellow student

No comments:

Post a Comment