Wednesday 9 July 2014

Charlotte- The beginning

Don't worry I'm not going to tell you my whole life story. 

To be completely honest my life has years of very uninteresting events.

I thought I'd start to give an over view, a back story if you wish to show how we ended up here.

Now where do I begin...

My mum (Sarah) married my dad (Tom) and by all means happy.

They had their first child which was a boy named Adam (My brother). Adam was very well behaved, quiet and always happy with a big grin on his face. Obsessed with trains and dinosaurs but never really spoke.

Two years later they had their second child, a girl named Amy (That's me). Adam wasn't interested in me at all, apparently he didn't even like me till I was two or three. I was not like Adam. I was naughty, cheeky and a lot of trouble but I dressed like a girly girl with dresses and matching hats. That's my mums fault.


Just under 2 years later my mum was pregnant with her third child. The bump was different. It was smaller. There had been no sign that there was anything wrong with the baby but when Charlotte was born, everyone was shocked.



She was this tiny baby, born full term yet weighed only 5 pounds. The doctors raced her away to be checked over as there were clear obvious signs something was wrong. The doctors came back with a list to the floor with things wrong with her, My mum had just gone through labour, spent 9 months uncomfortable and the baby wasn't right.  She was angry, grieving for the perfect baby she thought she had.

A neighbour and good friend came to visit with a soft toy for the baby. My mother angry and emotional told her what was the point, her baby wasn't perfect and she cannot look after a disabled child. My neighbour looked at her and sternly said the words that made my mum change how she saw things.
"She is still your child"



Charlotte wasn't perfect but she was loved with everything my parents had. Having a disabled child is really hard but having one with no warning, that is terrifying. 



I am so proud of my mum for becoming the person she is now, she was always there for Charlotte even when things got hard. 

A very strong woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment