Thursday 27 November 2014

Seeing you again

We've all been in that situation where a face from the past shows up when your least expecting it.

Mine has a bit more too it because this wasn't just your usual break up.

This was the "man" who broke up with me over facebook when my sister was dying in intensive care.

Yes, there really are people like that. 

So anyway seeing him for the first time was a shock to the system, it was like a flash back to that exact moment where everything in my life was falling apart.

I was scared to see him, frozen in shock, waited for him to leave so I could finally breathe again.

I realise I have nothing to hide from I just wasn't expecting to feel that gut wrenching pain at that second. 

Luckily I was surrounded by people who loved me, my work family. So whilst I wanted to hide and cry they put their arms around me and told me I'll be ok.

Fast forward a week to when I see him again, casually walking past me with a girl to then walk past to where they were originally sitting. Pathetic right?

So as I watched them be all over each other (over the top all over) I couldn't help but smile.

In that moment you proved what a low person you are, instead of the decent thing any other person would do of apologising you choose to try hurt me more.

It didn't work. 

The honest truth is I have someone who truly loves me and a happy life I wouldn't have with you.

I am not the same girl I was back then and I am so grateful for that.

What I'm trying to say is Thank you. 

I'm not scared anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment