Monday 14 December 2015

What I want

"Oh no Amy's having a rant again"

Oh shhh you've missed me really. Now I know I was moving onto the Vlogging side of things but there's some things that just need to be written down. 

Mainly because I rant and ramble.. Oh look I'm doing it again...

So I have had a string of heart breaks and whilst I would like to consider myself a modern day Bridget Jones, I am unfortunately self inflicting by attracting or being attracted to the wrong kind of guys.

I'm so focused on finding someone who will want me, this train wreck of a person, I've let my standards slip.

Not in a appearance kind of way but in who they are as a person.

Now I am going to tell you some truth that all my single readers want to here.

You are not going to die alone.

There are billions of people in the world and one of those people is going to fall in love with me and say "I can't believe those guys couldn't see what I see, they lost out on the most amazing girl"

and I'll be like "Yeah they're fucking twats"

Ok so maybe it won't go exactly like that... but you get my drift.

So many people are so terrified about being alone they hop from one relationship to the next, never truly figuring out who they are or what they want in a partner.

They settle rather than be alone and wait for the right one to come along.

That's not going to be me, and if you're also single don't let the Christmas/NYE blues get you down, they're out there.

Anyway back to my point here is a list of things I want in a future partner and I'm NOT gonna settle.

1. Good heart.


Now I'm not expecting a saint, no ones got a heart of gold but I mean someone who is nice to the waiter at the restaurant (Little tip there- how to tell if someones a good person), someone who will help carry a pushchair up the stairs at a train station. I mean I do all these things, they better do it too.

2. Been through hell


I don't want someone who has had a perfect life. I don't want someone who has never experienced any kind of tragedy, I know that sounds strange but there's this bravery and maturity that comes from this. I find even with friends it is hard to connect with someone who has never felt true heart break, it does change you and makes you a better person. I basically want to marry Harry Potter.

3. Easy to talk too

You know you meet these people who right from the beginning could talk like you'd know each other your whole life. It just works, it's so easy so natural That's what I want, someone who I can be completely me with (and by that I mean be the weird person I truly am and hopefully they'll also be weird)

4. Make me laugh and laugh at themselves.


If you know me, you know how much I laugh at myself- it's all the time. I am so clumsy and do the most ridiculous things where you just have to laugh and I'm not going to be cool and try act like nothing happened- no, I will tell you exactly how stupid I am even if I was the only one that saw. If you can make me laugh, I'm sold. Sometimes I struggle to smile so finding someone who can make me cry with laughter is very important. 

5. Physically attractive

Oh come on now, I had to be a little bit shallow somewhere. I'm not talking Ryan Gosling how about a beautiful tall man with blue eyes? No? In all seriousness if they can do the first four I'll find them attractive no matter what colour their eyes are.

(Btw this isn't a job description, please don't start messaging me your CVs saying you have all the right qualifications)

MAN I SOUND SO LAME.

Oh well it's done now, the fact is I'm not searching for this person, I am done with dating.

They can find me. 

Or I'll be crazy cat lady.

Either way I won't be alone!

Blog love

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment