Wednesday 12 March 2014

The kinds of people you will find in computer labs



Ok so as I have now discovered... My room is dstracting (Yes I realise it has taken me 2 years). So I tried the library but you can't talk and now you can't eat food in it (seriously what is with that?!) The only other option is the computer labs which is great because you can have a chat and do some work, However I have noticed there are some people that are ALWAYS THERE and I thought I'd make a list of them...


1. Football guy

This guy is sitting with headphones on, on his watching, watching a football match with random outbursts which scare the life out of you. These include "WHAT?!" "AHHHH REF" "COME ON" banging the table and so on... Not only is it incredibly irritating but I can't help but wonder why you're watching it here and not in your room... on your own... where you won't disrupt other peoples procrastination... HOW SELFISH

2. The LETS DRINK HERE group



Now I don't mean to burst your bubble but is this really a good idea... REALLY?! I don't know about you but when I'm drunk I'm super clumsy, I mean I'm clumsy sober but when I'm drunk half my drinks of the night end up on the floor, the table, other people... Now drunk people with liquids in a computer lab is probably not a good idea. ALSO your random "WOOS" isn't motivating me to do my work... even f I pretend the woos are for my word count. 

3. Lets bring the ENTIRE FRIDGE


I am guilty of this... You know when you're trying to revise and you think sugar will motivate you? Well having a chocolate bar and a coffee... fair enough. I'm moaning about the people who bring a picnic to the lab. I mean you can hardly see the computer behind all the wrappers and food. Dude, take a break! (I really can't pull off dude)

4. Lets have a personal conversation LOUDLY

These are people who need to use their indoor voice. They're all the way on the overside of the room yet you have heard all about how Johns cheating on Kelly and how Sandra sleeps around. That's great but I really didn't need to know that. Also most of the stories aren't even interesting?! If you're going to make me eavesdrop atleast have the courtesy to make it interesting.

5. The random guy asking for a phone charger.

This guy just creeps me out and it always seems to be the same guy. They creep up behind you and read over your shoulder (which is just the worst feeling) makes a comment about your work "Oh hey I see you study science"... followed by a "erm yeah?"... and you mentally thinking "what does this guy want". "You don't happen to have a charger I have a business call" or "I need to make an important phone call" or something along those lines. He's just weird and even if I had a charger I wouldn't give it to him because he'd probably lick it or something like it. 

6. The superstar


This person has their headphones in. Alone. Listening to something like Girls Aloud or One Direction. How do you know this? Because you can hear them sing it. I don't know if they realise they're doing it or if they're hoping Simon Cowell is hiding in the lab and is going to tab them on the shoulder offering them a record deal. I DON'T KNOW. They're never any good and they always, ALWAYS get the words wrong.  

Blog love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment