Saturday 8 March 2014

Things I'm tired of hearing when I tell people I study Marine Biology...

This is gonna sound super mean... but after a while you realise everyone has these same general response to when you say your studying Marine Biology and they're really hard/awkward/annoying to try and respond to... SO HERE THEY ARE. Forgive me I swear I'm a nice person at heart.

1. Wow, you must be so clever!



This is something you'll also get from other degrees too. How are you meant to respond to this?! Yes.. No.. Thanks? It's just an awkward moment for both of us. Normally the best response is awkward laughter. 

2. Don't fish freak you out?!


No, No they don't, otherwise it would make my whole career path pretty stupid... Just... No...

3. I wanted to be that when I was a kid!



GOOD FOR YOU
It's one of those things that you just don't know how to respond.. I have the career a 5 year old wants... is that a good thing?! just yeah... go you.

4. Isn't it boring studying that in England?


Yeah I realise that waddling around mud flats isn't as glamorous as diving in the Great barrier reef... Don't rub it in man.

5. I LOVE FINDING NEMO


As a fellow finding nemo fan I agree it is pretty AWESOME. However sadly it doesn't really teach you much about Marine Biology... You can't I.D a surgeon fish as a Dory, Lecturers don't like that. 

Blog love
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment