Thursday 13 August 2015

I can't see the surface anymore

I have experienced a major depressive episode;

I have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder;


I have been through heart break;


I have watched my sister die;


I have stood up and spoke at her funeral;


I have been in an emotionally abusive relationship;


and a few weeks ago I was a victim of a serious sexual assault.


It is not that the last hit was harder than the rest, more that the combination of blows is too much to handle.


I think that's understandable,


It's like being underwater, you can see the surface but every time you start to get close something pulls you deeper underwater.


I can't see the surface any more,


I now have a choice, I can stay in this darkness or I can fight my way back into the light.






I choose the latter.








No comments:

Post a Comment