Friday 1 April 2016

I am tired.

"I am tired.

This isn't the kind of tired where sleep can fix it, I'm exhausted from life.

I'm sick and tired of trying to hide the mess that I am.

Tired of being surrounded by people who don't care.

Tired of being surrounded by fake people.

Everyone is so desperate to be perfect and hide their imperfections, they don't see that it is their blemishes that make them attractive because that is what makes them human.

I'd much rather fall in love with a human than photograph.

We are taught so many things in school, years and years in education yet we never learn how to love ourselves and how important it is.

We are taught to hide our feelings, told that mental illness is a taboo that you must keep to yourself which inevitably makes it worse.

You feel like you're the only one who feels sad because everyone else is wearing a fake smile, who is that fake smile helping?

I feel like I am completely on my own here, all I want is for someone else to be honest, that is all I ask and I don't understand why that is so unrealistic and why this hurts so much"



"You are a terribly real thing, in a terribly false world and that is why you're in so much pain" 


No comments:

Post a Comment