Wednesday 9 September 2015

Customers when it comes to coffee

I've spent most of my summer working in a coffee shop and 90% of the customers are lovely and make my job great BUT there are those few who both confuse and annoy me... here is a list. (Can you tell I've worked 3 days in a row in the coffee shop with difficult customers? Maybe?)

1. The one who orders a soy drink with whipped cream.

What? Seriously? You make no sense. Just why.

2. The person who orders the messiest drink and spills it everywhere 2 minutes before we close.

Its 5.30pm on a Sunday, the place is empty and I haven't served anyone in an hour. I've spend ages cleaning all the surfaces and basically closing down apart from turning the machine off then you come alone ordering a ridiculous blended drink which you then decide to spill all over my clean surfaces. I may be smiling but I am crying on the inside.

3. The one who gets annoyed when you don't remember their "usual"

I serve a ridiculous amount of people a day and you come in once a week, how on earth am I supposed to remember your order? I don't even think I served you last time! If I had memory that good do you really think I'd be using it working in a coffee shop. I'd have a genius grant and using my powers to save the world not to make you a machiatto.

4. The person who orders a skinny latte with extra whipped cream and syrup

Who you kidding. How many calories are you going to safe switching from semi-skimmed to skimmed? It certainly isn't going to balance out all that sugar. If you're wondering why your diet isn't working- it's probably the whipped cream.

5. The one who orders a specific drink that you don't do then complains you did it wrong.


"I want a blended drink but not very blended....excuse me this drink is too icy" WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME.

6. The one who spills there coffee and wants you to replace it free of charge.. 

I know the customer is always right... but you're wrong. Unless it is my fault you do not deserve a new coffee.

7. The people who decide to throw sugar everywhere.

I don't understand this. The condiment area is always just covered in sugar and cocoa powder. The sugar sachets are really small so you must be opening ten and just completely missing your drink. Plus there is a bin right there yet you think the table is an appropriate place to leave the teabag. Stop being inconsiderate.

8. The one who's been queing for 15 minutes yet still hasn't decided what they want.

There is a huge que behind you. I am trying to work as fast as I can juggling an Americano, Latte and Frappucino but you decide you want to try something new and ask for a description of every drink to then stick to your usual. That's just fine,

9. Anyone who complains it's taking too long.

I am one person with two hands if you're going to be late for your meeting then you shouldn't have stopped for coffee and being rude isn't going to make me go any faster... You try making an extra hot large soy caramel machiatto with an extra shot, then you can judge.

Blog Love

No comments:

Post a Comment